Develop Chops, Build Speed and Become Fluent In The Language Of Bluegrass Flatpicking Guitar
Discover my step-by-step online course to give you the "nuts and bolts" of learning bluegrass flatpicking guitar-without any complicated music theory and in just a few minutes per week
Hi, I'm Aaron Jaxon. A guitarist, recording artist and online guitar instructor who helps guitar players develop their bluegrass flatpicking skills
Tell me if this sounds familiar......
You've been playing guitar for a few years. Maybe a few decades even.
And your pretty damn good too.
Then one day you heard an amazing bluegrass flatpicking player
Someone like Billy Strings, Molly Tuttle, Tony Rice or Bryan Sutton and you thought "gosh I'd love to be able to play like that."
The speed, the technique and just the good ol' down home virtuosity of this style of playing really spoke to you. You feel like you would have really arrived if you could pick like those great players.
So you jumped in and started trying to learn this style.
Maybe you learned a few licks and tunes on YouTube and started researching what scales you need to know for this style
It feels disjointed when your playing this stuff. Your having trouble putting it all together when improvising or coming up with your own leads.
You don't feel like your fluent in the language of this style of playing.
Plus.......your chops aren't anywhere close to where you'd like them to be.
You don't feel like your technique is sufficient. You can't play as fast and clean as you'd like.
Trust me.......I've been there
When I first started playing this style: I didn't even know where to start.
And my chops? Well they were inadequate to say the least.
I started by trying to play scales along with this kind of music. I'd play a major diatonic or pentatonic scale with some bluegrass music and I was in the right key but it didn't sound like what the great bluegrass guitar players I wanted to emulate were doing.
And the reason was simple
They were speaking a language that had a unique accent, dialect and slang while I was just "reciting the alphabet" by playing scales.
On the chops/technique side of things......
I was following the conventional "start slow, practice with a metronome, and slowly increase the speed over time" advice.
You know: Play Salt Creek every day at 80bpm and maybe next month you can go up to 85bpm
And this wasn't terrible advice but man......
It was SOOOOOO SLOW
Like a dang eternity.
Was there a better, faster way?
Yes there was. And is.
And that's why I'm here with you today.
I've condensed over 20 years of learning, practicing and teaching bluegrass flatpicking for you in an easy to follow online course
A step by step online course to help you develop chops, build speed and become fluent in the language of bluegrass flatpicking guitar
Flatpicking Mastery takes you by the hand and makes advanced bluegrass concepts accessible through a simple 3 step process
You watch the main lesson showing you a single tune, solo, lick or concept
Reference the downloadable and printable tabs to make sure you've got the ideas down pat
Start practicing right away to implement the new material into your playing
Rinse and repeat for 50+ lessons
... and suddenly, without realizing it, you are playing stuff that only skilled flatpickers know (advanced bluegrass tunes, solos, licks etc) With a level of chops and technique you never thought possible....now made super accessible to you, even if you're not an advanced player yet!
What You'll Get Inside This Course
- Access to over 90 videos with more than 11hrs of killer flatpicking instructional content.
- Lesson videos shot in HD with close-ups of my left and right hands on most videos so you know exactly what I'm doing
- The ability to slow down lesson videos and go through them at your own pace
- Lessons on how to play bluegrass lead ideas through chord changes (one of the most important things to learn in this style)
- Note for note lessons on 10 of the best flatpicking guitar solos by the very best bluegrass player including Tony Rice, Billy Strings, Molly Tuttle and several others
- 5 note for note lesson breakdowns of the hottest flatpicking instrumentals by the best of the best in this style. Songs like "Pyramid Country" by Billy Strings, "Studebaker" by Kenny Smith and several others
- Access to tabs for ALL lessons so you won't miss a single note in the entire course
- Exercises for your picking and fretting hands to develop technique
- An entire course module dedicated to helping you build speed so you can shred with the best of em
- Lessons on 15 essential fiddle tunes for flatpicking guitar with basic and advanced versions
- Lessons to help you develop rhythm playing skills
- How to develop rock solid timing in your playing
- Lessons on combining influences from the great players we'll study in this course to help you improvise and develop your own style
- How to play open string "floating" licks and incorporate them into you playing
- The ability to interact with me in the comments sections of the members area to get any questions asked (I respond to ALL of these)
- BONUS 1- The Fiddle Tunes Recommended Listening Discography. This is a list of recordings of the fiddle tunes we'll learn in this course by the best players in this style. You can go through and listen to how the greats have played these essential tunes and absorb their versions into your own playing
- BONUS 2- The Ultimate Flatpicking Recommended Listening Discography- This is a list of over 100 albums featuring the best flatpicking ever recorded. After you learn the lessons in this course, you'll be fluent in the language and learning on your own will be much easier. You can use this list to jump in and learn as much from the greats as you want to
The lesson videos (which you can slow down to half speed) feature closeups of my picking and fretting hands.
You'll also have TABS for all the course lessons
All the tabs in this course come in printable and downloadable PDF forms so you won't miss a single note in the entire course
“If your a guitarist who is looking for a bluegrass flatpicking guitar course that gets right down to the "meat and potatoes" then this course is for you. It's all hands on training with great videos, tablature, and words of encouragement from Aaron every step of the way. If you apply yourself you'll see definate improvement in your guitar playing skills that you'll be very pleased with and will serve you well for many years to come”
Dan Hall- Flatpicking Mastery Student
This program is for...
- Intermediate level guitar players looking to gain more advanced skills in bluegrass flatpicking
- Advanced rock, country, metal, jazz (really any genre) players who want a deep dive into bluegrass guitar
- Guitar players who have spent a lot of time on YouTube learning flatpicking but still feel stuck
- People feeling frustrated with their current level of technique and are willing to put in the work to improve
This program is not for....
- Beginner guitar players
- People not willing to put in consistent practice
- Guitar players looking for a magic pill in the form of a "secret way to hold your pick" that will make you an instant virtuoso
"I've been looking for a bluegrass course like this for a long time. It really has a huge amount of information that will give me some new chops immediately but also leave many goodies to unpack for months to come. It really is a game changer for me and you can't go wrong with it if you want to improve your bluegrass guitar playing."
Tim Gregory- Flatpicking Mastery student
The Flatpicking Mastery program isn't going to bog you down with a lot of fancy sounding music theory or conceptual language that's way over your head
I wanted the lessons in this course to feel like your coming to my guitar studio for lessons each week (or day!)
I teach this course in a very accessible, laid back and straight to the point manner
The path is already traced, simplified and optimized for you. You only have to start and follow each step in front of you.
And because this process is so powerful, I can charge over $3000 to teach it to my one-on-one students.
All the knowledge contained in the Flatpicking Mastery Program would take at least 1 year of regular and dedicated private lessons to cover all the material.
At an average rate of $62.50$ per lesson (250$ monthly), even if you took only one private lesson each week for a year, it would add up to $3000.
But when I decided to package my system into a course that anyone could follow, at their own pace, I wanted to make it as accessible as possible.
No risk, 60-days money-back guarantee, no questions asked.
I’ve packed a lot into the Flatpicking Mastery course because not only do I want you to become the flatpicking master that you deserve to be, but I want to guarantee that you don’t fail.
And to make it a no-brainer deal for you I’m giving you a 60 day 100% money-back guarantee with your purchase of the Flatpicking Mastery course today.
That’s right: Go through the course, check out the bonuses, follow the steps, put in the work, and if you don’t love it in the first 60 days of your purchase, send me an email and I’ll refund you immediately. No questions asked, no hard feelings.
If the Flatpicking Mastery course doesn’t work for you, I’d much prefer for you to take your money and invest it where you will be happier and get results. I just want you to unlock your flatpicking potential potential!
Also - if you sign up for Flatpicking Mastery today, you’ll receive some exclusive bonuses:
Bonus #1- The Ultimate Fiddle Tune Recommended Listening Discography
This is a companion to the "Fiddle Tunes" module of this course where we will learn 15 fiddle tunes for flatpicking guitar
I'll teach you the basic way to play the melody of these tunes and a more advanced way on several of these.
However, different players interpret these tunes in slightly different ways.
This is a list of between 2-4 recordings of each of the 15 fiddle tunes we will learn, played by the greats of this style.
You can listen to their versions and incorporate their ideas into your own playing
I wish I would have had something like this when I fist got into this style of playing
Bonus #2- The Ultimate Flatpicking Guitar recommended listening discography
This is my master list of over 100 albums featuring what is in my opinion, the best flatpicking guitar ever recorded.
The best way to learn is to go to the classics.
But it can be hard to know what the classics are with SO much information out there.
Well, I've done the hard work for you and made a master list of the best of the best
It goes from Doc Watson to Billy Strings and covers everything in between.
You can use this list to create a playlist that you listen to whenever you want.
When you finish this course, you'll have learned the language of bluegrass guitar and learning from the greats will be much, much easier.
You can use this list to jump in and learn as much as you want from the very best players in this style
I can't tell you how much this would have benefited me when I fist got into this style
“I came across Aaron on TikTok while checking out this app my 14 yr old was spending so much time on. And man, was it good. He had the chops and musical open mindedness I was looking for. So I decided to sign up for his course. I've only gone through maybe a handful of topics and videos, but I already feel I got my money’s worth. You get everything you need to build a solid bluegrass flatpicking guitar culture from the basics and up. Really great stuff!”
Francois Besseyrias- Flatpicking Mastery student
So here's what your getting with the Flatpicking Mastery program
- The entire Flatpicking Mastery video course. More than 50 lessons featuring over 90 videos and 11+ hours of content
- Downloadable and printable TABS in pdf form
- Access to me in the comments section of the members area of this course. (I respond to ALL of these)
- BONUS # 1- The Ultimate Fiddle Tune recommended listening discography. (2-4 recordings of the 15 fiddle tunes we learn in this course played by the greats of this style)
- Bonus #2- The Ultimate Flatpicking Guitar Recommended Listening Discography ( a master list of 100 albums featuring the best bluegrass flatpicking guitar ever recorded)
Just think about it
For less than what I used to charge for one month of lessons (and what several guitar players I know charge for a SINGLE LESSON), you can learn hundreds of new ideas and unlock so many options on the guitar
Wouldn't it be worth it to make a small investment in your playing that will pay off in so, so many ways?
As guitar players, we are used to spending thousands & thousands of dollars on equipment over the years (guitars, pedals, amps, speakers, software, studio gear, cables, strings...), and sometimes we forget about investing to actually become better at playing guitar!
The Flatpicking Mastery course is the perfect occasion for you to expand your knowledge & your abilities on the instrument, so you can finally reach flatpicking guitar mastery.
Imagine a year from today...
Imagine a year from today when you’ll be knowing and mastering a wealth of bluegrass flatpicking licks, solos, tunes, songs and ideas. Your friends will be impressed and you’ll be very confident about your guitar playing.
Imagine sitting down and having more ideas than ever to come up with your own leads, solos and songs thanks to the abundance of knowledge you've acquired
If you don’t act, everything is going to stay the same. You will play the same scales, licks and patterns with the same level of technique and you will feel stuck and uninspired.
It doesn’t have to be this way!
You can do this - Bluegrass Flatpicking doesn't have to be impossible to learn. Let me simplify it for you. I’m proof that it’s possible and I’m here to coach you every step of the way and make your life easier!
Your special offer is only valid for a few days!
When the countdown hits zero, you won't be able to join Flatpicking Mastery, and the next time you will see it, it'll be at its full price of $397.
Now is the time to take action! Click below to join, and let's become flatpicking masters together :-)
- Aaron Jaxon (your guitar teacher)