Learn The Essential
Ideas, Techniques, Licks And Solos To Become A Killer Country Guitar Player
Discover my step-by-step online course to give you the "nuts and bolts" of learning country "chicken pickin' " guitar-without bouncing around on YouTube for hours on end consuming contradictory information that leaves you feeling stuck and frustrated
Hi, I'm Aaron Jaxon. A guitarist, recording artist and online guitar instructor who helps guitar players develop their country and bluegrass guitar playing skills
"I own quite a few online guitar courses (truefire, ect)....I came across Aaron's courses while internet browsing....I own both his Flatpicking Mastery and Country Guitar Essentials courses....Aaron's enthusiasm, attention to detail and guitar chops are beyond compare...The courses are sequential, but if you want to skip around and cherry pick, you can do that too. In my opinion, Aaron's courses on bluegrass and country guitar are the best out there...If you are so inclined, buy them...You won't be sorry...."
John Duzik- Country Guitar Essentials Student
Tell me if this sounds familiar......
You've been playing guitar for a few years. Maybe a few decades even.
And your pretty damn good too.
But You've Always Wanted To Get Into Country "Chicken Picking" Guitar.
You've maybe heard someone like Brad Paisley, Vince Gill, Brent Mason, or Johnny Hiland and thought "gosh I'd love to be able to play like that."
The twang, the pick and finger technique, the double stops and pedal steel guitar influence really spoke to you. You feel like you would have really arrived if you could pick like those great players.
So you jumped in and started trying to learn this style.
Maybe you looked up some YouTube videos to try and get started. You keep hearing about "Double Stops" and "Hybrid Picking"
It feels disjointed when your playing this stuff. Your having trouble putting it all together to make it sound like really killer country guitar.
You don't feel like your fluent in the language of this style of playing.
Trust me.......I've been there
When I first started playing this style: I didn't even know where to start. I knew that string bends, double stops and hybrid picking (playing with a pick and finger combination) were essential but I didn't know what ideas to learn to get this style down.
I was 16 years old and living in my hometown of Quitman TX. I had gotten serious about playing guitar. I was into Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Johnson and Eddie Van Halen. I'd practice my scales between 4-6 hours per day. And yeah.....I had a bit of an ego.
Then one day, I was working on a construction site during the summer between my junior and senior year of high school and the song "Summertime Blues" by Alan Jackson came on the radio that the plumber kept on all day.
I thought, "yeah I could totally play this song. No problem."
But Then I Heard The Guitar Solo On That Song (played by Brent Mason)
I was blown away. A bit depressed actually. Because here was the thing: In all that time I had spent practicing:
I Had NO IDEA What He Was Playing.
Like not even a clue.
But I HAD to figure it out.
Mind you: this was the early 2000s.
There Was No YouTube, Instagram or Online Courses To Purchase To Learn This Stuff.
Fortunately for you, I've condensed the past 20 years of learning, playing and teaching this style into an easy to follow online course and that's why I'm here with you today.
A step by step online course to help you learn the essential ideas, licks, techniques and solos to become a killer country guitar player
"I have been using this course for 70 days now.......holy smokes it is the best investment I have made. The course, tabs, video instruction and backing tracks are insane. I have been playing guitar since 1969 and teaching since 1982. This country guitar course is truly unlimited. You will not find a better course for this style of music. If this style is what you crave I will say it is hands down the best I have ever seen. Peace!"
David Ower- Country Guitar Essentials Student
Country Guitar Essentials takes you by the hand and makes advanced country guitar concepts accessible through a simple 3 step process
You watch the main lesson showing you a single tune, solo, lick or concept
Reference the downloadable and printable tabs to make sure you've got the ideas down pat
Start practicing right away to implement the new material into your playing
Rinse and repeat for 40+ lessons
... and suddenly, without realizing it, you are playing stuff that only skilled "chicken pickin' " guitarists know (advanced country licks, solos, techniques etc) With a level of chops and technique you never thought possible....now made super accessible to you, even if you're not an advanced player yet!
Here's A Sneak Peak Of What You'll Learn Inside Country Guitar Essentials
More than 40 video lessons with over 7 hours of content featuring my very best country guitar instructional material
- Module 1- Essential Country Guitar Ideas And Techniques- 15 lessons showing you the essential ideas and techniques of country guitar including double stops, pick and finger hybrid technique, bends, double stops with bends, combining major/minor pentatonics, pre-bends and many more licks, tricks and techniques used by country guitar masters like Albert Lee, Brent Mason, Don Rich and Brad Paisley
- Module 2- 15 Killer Country Guitar Solos- after learning the essential ideas and techniques in module 1, we can now jump in and start learning directly from the country guitar greats. We will learn 15 note for note solos from the Tele greats including Don Rich, Roy Nichols, Ray Flacke, Pete Anderson, John Jorgensen, Brent Mason, Vince Gill and Johnny Hiland. I teach these in a deliberate order going from fairly simple to smoking' hot but don't worry: you can slow down ALL the lesson videos to half speed and go through them completely at your own pace
- Module 3- Combining Country Guitar Influences- after learning directly from the country guitar greats, we can now start to combine the ideas we've learned to come up with our own solos. I'll be your guide as we build multiple solos to country guitar classics like "Workin Man Blues" "Folsom Prison Blues" and "Country Boy". You'll watch as I pull ideas from the solos we learn in module 2 and combine them to build killer country leads.
- Module 4- Chicken Pickin' Rhythm Playing- I couldn't in good faith teach a course on country guitar without talking about rhythm playing. I'll take you through Merle Haggard's classic "Swingin' Doors" and show you some fun and usable country guitar rhythm patterns to use in your own playing
- Module 5- Building Your Country Guitar Bag Of Tricks- This a fun module where we cover some other cool and fun country guitar ideas including technique drills, behind the nut bends, open string floating licks, and other cool ideas from Tele phenoms like Danny Gatton and Scotty Anderson
The lesson videos (which you can slow down to half speed) feature closeups of my picking and fretting hands
You'll also have TABS for all the course lessons and Custom Backing Tracks For The Entire First Module
You'll see text that pops up on the video lessons showing you exactly what to reference in the printable and downloadable TABS in PDF form so you won't miss a single note in the entire course
This program is for...
- Intermediate level guitar players looking to gain more advanced skills in country "chicken picking" guitar
- Advanced rock, blues, metal, jazz (really any genre) players who want a deep dive into country guitar
- Guitar players who have spent a lot of time on YouTube learning country guitar but still feel stuck
- People feeling frustrated with their current level of technique and are willing to put in the work to improve
This program is not for....
- Beginner guitar players
- People not willing to put in consistent practice
The Country Guitar Essentials program isn't going to bog you down with a lot of fancy sounding music theory or conceptual language that's way over your head
I wanted the lessons in this course to feel like your coming to my guitar studio for lessons each week (or day!)
I teach this course in a very accessible, laid back and straight to the point manner
The path is already traced, simplified and optimized for you. You only have to start and follow each step in front of you.
And because this process is so powerful, I can charge over $3000 to teach it to my one-on-one students.
All the knowledge contained in the Country Guitar Essentials Program would take at least 1 year of regular and dedicated private lessons to cover all the material.
These days I charge between $100-$150 for a 30 minute or 60 minute lesson but for years, my rate for teaching local guitar lessons was about $250 monthly for weekly lessons. This is pretty standard for most local guitar teachers
At an average rate of $62.50$ per lesson (250$ monthly), even if you took only one private lesson each week for a year, it would add up to $3000.
But when I decided to package my system into a course that anyone could follow, at their own pace, I wanted to make it as accessible as possible.
No risk, 60-days money-back guarantee, no questions asked.
I’ve packed a lot into the Country Guitar Essentials course because not only do I want you to become the country guitar master that you deserve to be, but I want to guarantee that you don’t fail.
And to make it a no-brainer deal for you I’m giving you a 60 day 100% money-back guarantee with your purchase of the Country Guitar Essentials course today.
That’s right: Go through the course, follow the steps, put in the work, and if you don’t love it in the first 60 days of your purchase, send me an email and I’ll refund you immediately. No questions asked, no hard feelings.
If the Country Guitar Essentials course doesn’t work for you, I’d much prefer for you to take your money and invest it where you will be happier and get results. I just want you to unlock your country guitar playing potential.
So here's what your getting with the Country Guitar Essentials program
- The entire Country Guitar Essentials video course. More than 40 video lessons with 7 hours of content featuring my very best country guitar instructional material
- Downloadable and printable TABS in pdf form
- Custom Backing Tracks
- Access to me in the comments section of the members area of this course. (I respond to ALL of these)
- Lifetime Access- no monthly, quarterly or yearly re-billing
Just think about it
For less than what most people pay for a monthly cell phone bill, you can learn hundreds of new ideas and unlock so many options on the guitar
Wouldn't it be worth it to make a small investment in your playing that will pay off in so, so many ways?
As guitar players, we are used to spending thousands & thousands of dollars on equipment over the years (guitars, pedals, amps, speakers, software, studio gear, cables, strings...), and sometimes we forget about investing to actually become better at playing guitar!
The Country Guitar Essentials course is the perfect occasion for you to expand your knowledge & your abilities on the instrument, so you can finally reach country guitar mastery.
Imagine a year from today...
Imagine a year from today when you’ll be knowing and mastering a wealth of country licks, techniques, solos and ideas. Your friends will be impressed and you’ll be very confident about your guitar playing.
Imagine sitting down and having more ideas than ever to come up with your own leads, and solos thanks to the abundance of knowledge you've acquired
If you don’t act, everything is going to stay the same. You will play the same scales, licks and patterns with the same level of technique and you will feel stuck and uninspired.
It doesn’t have to be this way!
You can do this - Country Guitar doesn't have to be impossible to learn. Let me simplify it for you. I’m proof that it’s possible and I’m here to coach you every step of the way and make your life easier!
This 50% Off Offer Ends This Sunday 1-28-24 At 11:59 PM
After that, this program will shoot back up to it's full price of $197. Don't delay this any longer. You can get LIFETIME ACCESS to this entire program for one single (one time) payment of $97.
Can't wait to help you along the path to Country Guitar Mastery.
Cya On The Inside!
-Aaron (your guitar teacher)